Computational and mathematical modelling plays a vital role in understanding disease dynamics and in planning prevention strategies. Training in these fields will be useful for the Healthcare Researchers to effectively implement public health intervention measures. The workshop will provide an opportunity for those who are carrying out disease modelling projects and those who are interested in disease modelling to get hands on training from a team of experts in disease modelling.
• People working on / interested in Disease Modelling
• Master's or higher degree holders
• Research scholars, faculty members, industry researchers, public health policy makers.
• Preferred disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health and Policy.
• Number of participants is restricted to twenty
• Lectures and hands on training
• Statistical and mathematical inputs
• Infectious diseases / Vectorborne diseases
• Compartmental models / Network models
• Stochastic models / Deterministic models
• RS-GIS applications
• Case studies
Dr. Saumyadipta Pyne, Professor, IIPH, Hyderabad.
Dr. Gautam I. Menon, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai.
Dr. S. Subramanian, Scientist, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry.
Dr. Sitabhra Sinha, Professor, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai.
Dr. K. Gunasekaran, Scientist, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry.
Dr. P. Prasanna Samuel, Christian Medical College, Vellore
Dr. S. Sabesan, Senior Consultant, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry.
Mrs. A. Srividya, Scientist, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry.
Dr. K. Harikishan Raju, Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry.
• There is no registration fee.
• Accommodation will be provided on twin sharing basis
• No TA / DA will be provided
• Application can be downloaded from the website. • Filled in application must be sent by email to email@example.com
• Last date for receiving applications: Dec. 31, 2016
• Notification to the selected applicants by email: Jan. 5, 2017
• NIH Fogarty International Center
• Public Health Dynamics Laboratory, Graduate School of Public Health (GSPH), University of Pittsburgh, USA
• Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH), Hyderabad
• SHARE INDIA
Organizer: Dr. Joseph C. Daniel
Head, Department of Microbiology
St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science
Cuddalore – 607 001, Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91-94433 61929